The 2016 Edition of the Summer School in Consumer Law and Policy was a great success. Held in Montreal between from July 4th to 9th, such a success can be attributed to the diversity of participants that we were able to gather together ; were present : (international and Canadian) students, (international and Canadian) professors, lawyers, judges, members of consumer protection organizations, members of governments and other experts in consumer policy. Such a diversity created so many fruitful and enriching discussions. GREDICC is proud to instate, through organizing such an event, so many unforgettable experiences, so many resourceful meetings, so many collaborations projects, so many teachings and sharing that hopefully will stay in the memory of all participants, as well as contribute to the improvement of consumer law and policy all over the world.
We wish to thank all participants : the success of the 2016 Summer School is mostly attributable to all of you !
A few numbers to summarize the 2016 Summer School in Consumer Law and Policy :
96 participants coming from 16 different countries (Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, China, France, Haiti, Hong Kong, Japan, United Kingdom, United States of America, Saudi Arabia, Sweden)
30 lecturers, from 11 different countries
Lecturers representing all great Quebec universities (5)
More than 37 hours of intensive course
44 different lectures, on 20 different subjects
GREDICC wishes to address special thanks and appreciation to the Office de protection du consommateur du Québec for his incomparable support. The success of the Summer School owes much of its success to this important support.
Here a few pictures that were taken during the event.
- 3 great experts in Consumer Law
- Claudia Lima Marques, Patricia Galindo da Fonseca, Thierry Bourgoignie
- Reunion !
- Claudia Lima Marques (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul - UFRGS), Hughes Brisson (coordinator of 2016 Summer School in Consumer Law and Policy)
- 6 of the most recognized experts in Consumer Law !
- Geneviève Saumier (McGill), Robin Simpson (Consumers International), Thierry Bourgoignie (UQÀM), Claudia Lima Marques (Universdade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul), Gilles Paisant (Université de Savoie Mont Blanc)
- Patricia Galindo’s book launch
- Hamilton Cidade (Centre d’intégration lusophone - CICL), Fabio Ariston (General Consulat of Brazil in Montreal), Patricia Galindo, Thierry Bourgoignie
- Opening session
- Patricia Galindo (UQÀM), Claudia Lima Marques (Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul), Thierry Bourgoinie (UQÀM), Ginette Galarneau (Office de la protection du consommateur)
We wish to thank our partners :
Union des consommateurs
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Sul (Brazil)
- Co-organisé par/Co-organized by
The 2016 Sumer School was possible thanks to the support of :
General Consulate of Brazil in Montreal
Institut d’études internationales de Montréal (IEIM)
Office de protection du consommateur du Québec (OPC)
Escola Nacional da Magistratura (Brésil)
Éditions Yvon Blais
- Avec le soutien de/With the support of
The 2016 Sumer School was possible thanks to the collaboration of :
Faculté de science politique et de droit de l’UQÀM
- Avec la collaboration de/With the collaboration of