- To offer a quality and intensive training in consumer law, focusing on international and regional law developments
- To promote the sharing of knowledge, experiences and practices between participants from different countries and to encourage comparison between legislative solutions
- To provide participants with important updated documentation
- To consolidate an international network of expertise in consumer law, particularly on the inter-American level.
- Professors, teachers, lecturers, scholars and researchers
- Judges, lawyers or consultants
- Civil Servants from national institutions responsible for consumer protection policy
- Civil Servants from international or regional organizations that develop initiatives in consumer protection or in closely related fields
- Consumer Organizations’ officials, representatives or other actors from the associative world working in related fields (sustainable consumption, fair trade, standard of living, patients’ rights, etc.)
- Economic actors and professional associations’ officials or representatives
Groupe de recherche en droit international et comparé de la consommation (GREDICC)
Gredicc is a research unit accredited in the Juridical Sciences Department of University of Quebec in Montreal’s (UQAM) Faculty of Law and Political Science. The center gathers together professors and researchers from UQAM and from other Quebecer, Canadian and international Universities. It currently works on the development of a network of expertise in consumer law throughout the Americas. Its current research projects cover: (i) reform of Quebec’s Consumer Protection Law, (ii) the status of consumer protection policy in regional and international trade agreements, (iii) reevaluation of consumer law’s theoretical frame in an era of globalization and sustainable development, (iv) autonomy of consumer law within the legal system, (v) regulation of commercial advertising aimed at children.
BOURGOIGNIE Thierry, Professor, Director of GREDICC, UQÀM
FONSECA Patricia, Professor, Universidade Federal Fluminense, Brazil
DATES : From Monday, July 4th to 9th of 2016
PLACE : Faculté de science politique et de droit (Faculty of Law and Political Science), Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM), Montreal, Quebec, Canada
The summer school’s schedule has been designed in order to offer every conference in French and English.
Professors and practitioners from Canada, United States, South America and European Union.
CREDITED ACTIVITY FOR STUDENTS
Participation to the Summer School can earn 4 university credits for graduate and postgraduates students.
The course is part of UQAM’s course bank and bears the following code and title :
FPD790A-80. Droit national et international de la consommation (4 cr.) and JUR665D. Droit comparé et international de la consommation (3 cr.).
CREDITED ACTIVITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE BAR
Action is being taken in order to have the summer school recognized by the Barreau du Québec as a credited activity within the framework of the mandatory training program for lawyers. Note that the summer school 2009 and 2011 had been recognized as such by the Barreau du Québec.
A complete and updated collection of documents will be handed to the participants, at the opening of the Summer School. This collection will include a selection of legislative documents and other relevant legal texts and articles.
ACCOMODATION IN MONTREAL
A wide range of hotels and apartments located in the immediate surroundings of the UQÀM will soon be suggested (see the following section).
Free time during the evenings has been planned in order to enable participants to do some sightseeing in Montreal and to enjoy the various cultural events the city have to offer during summertime. UQÀM is located in a lively district (named le Quartier Latin – or Latin Quarter) and lies a 15-minutes walk away from downtown.
Tél. : 514 987 3000, poste 1635
Fax : 514 987 4784